Monday, August 31, 2009

Perspective


Two firefighters are dead. Many others injured. Dozens have lost their homes. The fires rage on.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Travel/story?id=8451478
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngOTx4Yb5ks

My troubles are a pimple in comparison. I feel guilty for complaining about anything at all lately.

I am truly blessed to have a beautiful, healthy daughter whose only troubles at the moment are incessant gas and emerging teeth.

This country is full of cynicism, narcissism, greed. The sense of entitlement is destroying us. Look around. We are incredibly lucky to have the opportunities offered us and the freedom to pursue our hearts’ desires.

Don’t throw it away. Be grateful for what you have as a birthright and what is possible with a little effort. Life is not a dress rehearsal, it’s the main event.

As I watch her peacefully sleeping, I make a vow. My daughter will know how fortunate she is...I will raise her to be a generous, thoughtful and inspired contributor to the human race.

Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment